28 March 2009

Smoking: What Now My Love!

Smoking is a practical phenomenon to almost everyone whose main concern is social but disgraceful habit. This habitual form of detrimental way of life is precipitating every age of man. Historically speaking, some preachers pointed out that the "leviathan" in the Bible was mentioned to be exhaling smoke from its mouth - the basis for those merchants who invented this way of life.

"Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" was my piece in my first amateur singing participation in Ormoc City that I recollected as very familiar sound. It starts with "They asked me How I knew My True Love was True..." sung by The Platters. Really, a smoker's true love is "smoking". My grandpa was once a "smoker" but he reached at the age of 82. He was born on June 24, 1920 and died on January 12, 2003. I really remembered how he compared his style of smoking with my late teacher CPA, and former Ormoc City Councilor. He even denied a very constant smoking, at least he said, he smoked when he earned a penny in his chiropractic profession. Well said and written, but the effect of smoking to a neighbourhood is very deadly; a second-hand smoke causes cancer of the lungs. Imagine, scientists and medical practitioners discovered 4 thousand more toxic chemicals exhaled by smokers. It is true, a government who doesn't ban neither prohibit its existence earns much from its taxable income, but "smoking" really is dehumanizing. It kills. As the popular slogan says "GOVERNMENT WARNING: SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH." So why smoke?

Education of smokers might help but the vice which is their virtue is inextinguishable. "What now my love! Now that you've left me!" - says the cigarette!

No comments:

This is my official blog.