29 March 2009

Music that is Amusing

Music literally amuses people if heard;much more if it is going to be danced. Lots of singers contributed their renditions of songs whether for amusement purposes or for pecuniary and lucrative purposes. Some others join this group of musicians to become known. Many musicians skillful in this business aren't able to expose their talents inasmuch as the concentration of auditions are centered only in an area where industries pervade - people finding people to entertain them. Influences of past singers also swayed much of the later generations, especially the high-pitched melodies of songs rarely sung in amateur singing competition.

Well said and done, music is my second love though there are people devoted to singing and claimed that their first love is music. Nonetheless, musical arts is partly not amusing today if a lovely song is rendered with illicit singing style. Music by the way should be comparaed to mass media - an educative, entertaining, and information-driven messages. A song like the following has it all:


I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
(Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918 )

My teacher, a former English supervisor once sang this to us, her educands. She is still alive this day.

"Music Is My First Love" by John Miles is futuristic song. It hides the meaning of "music. I use to associate words in their unrelated but homophonic neighbours. Music also is a cognate of "mask."

Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past

To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
In this world of troubles
My music pulls me through

Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past (3x)

Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past

To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
'Cuz in this world of troubles
My music pulls me through

However you perceive the meaning and use of "music" in your life, one thing is for sure. People needs people, even trees need trees. Music for birds is amusing; the more that it amuses human beings if it is healing the innermost part of the human thought. Why not sing unto the LORD?

No comments:

This is my official blog.